- Date: June 28, 2017 (Wednesday)
- Time: 17:30-10:00
- Venue: Exhibition Space – Area B, Ist Floor, International Building, NTUST
- Date: June 30, 2017 (Friday)
- Time: 17:30-20:00
- Venue: Room 101, NTUH International Convention Center (The shuttle bus will be provided.) *Assembly Time: 16:50
*Assembly Place: Registration Counter, 1st Floor, International Building, NTUST
- Date: July 1, 2017 (Saturday)
- Time: 08:30-17:00
- Fee: NT$2,010 (≈US$60)
- The tour may be cancelled if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Technical Visit: Danjiang Bridge (Construction Site Visit)
The Danjiang Bridges is a proposed road and light rail bridge spanning the mouth of the Tamsui River, which will link Bali and Tamsui in New Taipei City, Taiwan. The bridge was designed by architect Dame Zaha Hadid. It will be a single-tower, asymmetric cable-stayed bridge with a 920 metres (3,020 ft) long road, rail and pedestrian deck supported by a single 175-metre-high pylon. When completed, the bridge will be the longest single-tower, cable-stayed bridge in the world.
- Tamsui Old Street
Small eats that naturally must not be missed on Old Street includes “Ah Gei”, fish crisps, fish balls, shrimp rolls and other seafood products. Most shops have been around for decades and are a gastronomic ground for visitors to fill up their hungry stomachs. The countless delicious small eats on the street contains a high degree of passion from the local people of Tamsui. Those with smaller appetites yet don’t want to miss out on the food should share with friends in order to sample all the delicious eats Old Street has to offer!
- Fort San Domingo
Fort San Domingo is Tamsui's most prominent monument to foreign involvement in Taiwan. First built in 1629 by the Spanish, Fort San Domingo was intended to aid the imposition of Spanish rule over the local Chinese and aboriginal populations in northern Taiwan.
This fort was captured by the Dutch in 1642 when they drove the Spanish from the island. They replaced the Spanish-built stockade with a fort made of stone. The fort became known as the "Hongmao Castle" (Fort of the Red Heads) in reference to the colorful locks of its Dutch occupants.
In 1867, the British leased the fort and undertook massive renovations, which included the construction of the imposing British Consulate in the eastern section of the fortress compound. Its red brick verandah and red roof tiles complement the color scheme and design of the fort.
Hongmao Castle's position overlooking the mouth of the Tamsui River makes it a particularly attractive scenic spot, especially at sunset.
- Tamsui Fisherman's Wharf
Fisherman's Wharf is a multi-purpose leisure fishing port developed by the New Taipei City Government. There are magnificent floating piers and a spacious park, with a bridge in the shape of a boat spanning across the harbor and a wooden path stretching over 300 meters at the waterfront. It is relaxing to lean against the fence enjoying the breeze and sights at the Tamsui River mouth. In the evening, this is the best place to watch the view of the sunset.